< Back to All Yamaha Models
Faust Harrison Pianos is the only authorized Yamaha dealer in New York City,
Westchester, Long Island and North Eastern New Jersey.
Yamaha Hybrid Pianos
Yamaha's new AvantGrand may just be the perfect piano for pianists who require a great touch, a beautiful sound, a small footprint, a moderate price and no tuning costs. Yamaha created the AvantGrand, the world's first hybrid piano, to satisfy a need that could not be served by even the best digital pianos that just don't feel like acoustic pianos, or by traditional, professional-quality acoustic pianos that tend to have large footprints, higher prices and a need for regular maintenance.
A true hybrid piano is enabled by digital elements for the sound but also real mechanical elements for the touch. In the case of the Yamaha AvantGrand, the digital elements are as good as they get. Spectacular sampling of the acclaimed CFIIIS concert grand and highly advanced sound reproduction make it sound like a fine acoustic piano. The first of its kind action combines a modified acoustic piano action with the new Tactile Response System that recreates the vibrations that until now were absent from digital pianos. An action that feels like the real thing because it is the real thing.
Avantgrand models include the N1, N2 and N3:
- weighs only 35% of a traditional concert grand piano because it doesn't have the heavy cast iron plate, the massive rim or the hardwood laminate pinblock that acoustic pianos have
- takes up 50% less space than a traditional concert grand piano because it doesn't have the expansive soundboard of an acoustic piano
- needs no tuning because there are no strings
- feels like a high-quality acoustic piano because it has the exact same action as in a high-quality acoustic piano and recreates the vibrations felt with an acoustic piano
- has a moderate price because it doesn't contain many of the expensive elements that are required in a traditional acoustic piano
As the newest addition to the AvantGrand lineup, the AvantGrand N1 delivers the captivating sound of this hybrid piano series in its simplest form. The AvantGrand N1 easily does justice to the grand piano in terms of playing feel and responsive action, setting a new standard with its perfect integration of acoustic and digital technologies.
Featuring the same grand piano action as the Avantgrand N3 in a form that molds beautifully to any wall, the Avantgrand N2 is an instrument for the future, yet one that holds firmly to its identity as a grand piano. With a revolutionary speaker system and a touch that simply compels you to play, the compact form and feel of this elegant piano exudes refinement. For piano-lovers wanting a grand piano for small spaces, the AvantGrand series now offers yet another choice.
With a design embodying the latest in technology, Yamaha signals a new direction for the piano. The Avantgrand N3 is the flagship model, and the ultimate expression of "Innovation with soul." A keyboard and pedals indistinguishable from those of a grand piano. Stunningly authentic tactile response. Speakers with the authority and presence to deliver flawless sound... The AvantGrand N3 weaves advanced technology into an extraordinary design that gives form to Yamaha's aspirations for the future.
NU1 Hybrid Pianos
Introducing the NU1, a hybrid piano from Yamaha that combines the traditions of an acoustic instrument with the innovation of digital technology. Featuring the same acoustic piano action used in Yamaha upright pianos, and a refined, compact design, the NU1 is the perfect choice to bring the renowned Yamaha sound to any home.
- The superb natural feel of a real piano action
- Experience the stunning sound of Yamaha’s premier concert grand piano in the comfort of your home
- Alluring elegance that complements any room
Models include the NU1: